"When humanity, technology and the natural world convene"... Sarah Yuster's landscapes embrace the vortex. Her particular ability to convey atmosphere, air and subtle light, results in paintings that nail a moment, flash a glimpse or hint at a mystery.
Sprawling, lush and sentimental treatment is lavished on both likely and unlikely subjects, while others are spare, offhand remarks... and there's an occasional elbow jab of dry humor. A viewer will likely connect somewhere along this spectrum of compelling images.”
Sarah Yuster is a painter known for her urban landscapes and insightful portraits
Notable clientèle, distinguished collections include:
• Smithsonian's National Portrait Gallery - Nobel laureate Saul Bellow
• National Air & Space Museum - Neil DeGrasse Tyson - astrophysicist
• Harvard University - Edward O. Wilson - Pulitzer prize winning biologist
• Yale University - Russell Trust Association (Skull and Bones Society)
• Bangkok Royal Family Compound, Thailand - large scale triptych for royal family member, N Songkhia
• New Balance Armory Track - Ted Corbitt, Olympian, creator of the NYC Marathon
• Tegla Loroupe Peace Academy – Tegla Loroupe - Olympic runner, Kenya
She‘s been commissioned by the Wall Street Journal, NY State Legislature, City University of NY and the NYC Department of Education among others.
Yuster’s work has been exhibited at the Museum of American Art, Nat’l Academy of Design, Biggs Museum of American Art, NYC galleries, and hangs in institutions and corporate headquarters throughout the metropolitan area. Her artwork is displayed beyond the US border in the UK, Continental Europe, Japan and Thailand.
She’s also a documentary filmmaker focusing on social progress themes such as immigration reform and environmental stewardship.
Commitment to painting began at the HS of Art & Design. Yuster earned her fine arts degree at SVA, attended the Greek Language Center for five years and the Italian Cultural Institute for two years of language study...just because.
©1984-2015 sarah yuster all rights reserved